The eCommerce world today is largely dynamic but definitely a major and important part of our modern business world. Being directly affected by the ever growing world of technological advancements, we have seen great differences in the way we conduct transactions and marketing of our products and even majorly changing the way we make purchases. Following introduction of aspects such as online shopping, it is no doubt that business has become easier and way more convenient for the 21st century man. With over 3 billion users and more projected users, the internet is quickly becoming the modern man’s business platform.
With all these changes, it is important to note some of the aspects we owe all this to some of them being:
1. Mobile banking- Gone are the days when you would have to go to a bank to withdraw money for other transaction. The invention of mobile banking made sure that you now don’t have to carry any cash around but instead conduct your transactions just by some few clicks on your mobile device with the creation of services like PayPal that support this.
2. Social media marketing- For the success of a business, it is clear that the public needs to know what, where and how tour business operates and the best way to do this is through social media. The larger population of the world is active on various social media platforms and therefor it’s only logical that the best and largest audience for your products would be there.
3. Real time analytics- The technology has come in to offer suggestions based on user browser history and trends on what a user may be interested in saving the time to browse for hours to find what you want. An example would be Randy Culpepper, the Digital Analytics and Data Science Senior Manager of LiveArea, The PFSweb Agency.
4. Messaging applications- The advancements in technology has seen basic communication applications being turned into platforms used for services like making hotel reservations and booking Uber rides changing the whole dynamic of the traditional process of doing so.,
5. Responsive websites- Advancements in web development has seen the creation of websites that work interactively with the user to give suggestions and notify them of new products and offers in real time.
6. Online shops- We can now shop online and have goods delivered right at our doorstep. With the development of web based applications that support ordering of products and having them delivered to you with pay on delivery mechanism making the service all that much convenient.
7. Inventory management- eCommerce now has adapted to new ways of working inventories that make inventory management easier than ever before. With just a few clicks, you can have a detailed copy of all your inventories making it simpler to conduct business
Combined with other trends like, beacon technology, flash sales, integrated delivery mechanisms among others, we can come to a valid conclusion that the potential of ecommerce is infinite.
These are just some among the many other trends in our growing world that every business oriented person should put to use if they wish to succeed in the business industry now. Though a jungle, the business industry can easily be conquered by individuals utilizing ecommerce as a front for their businesses.